On July 12th, 2016, Magento held a webinar to introduce Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1 and explore the functionality it offers. Our Project Manager, Patrick Björnbom, attended the webinar and noted a few key points down for us. The webinar shared exciting details about the new Content Staging & Preview feature, which offers an easy way to plan and preview upcoming campaigns, with the option to set special prices, updated descriptions, coupon codes, and more directly and see the outcome in a real-time preview mode.
Other noteworthy tidbits:
- It's possible to check out using Paypal without leaving the merchant site, as Paypal opens up in an overlay.
- Elasticsearch has replaced Solr, with Solr support ending in about a year.
- In addition to the Paypal payment option, Braintree, Cybersource, and Authorize payment methods are also included out-of-the-box.
- The biggest difference between Enterprise 2.0 and 2.1 is the Content Staging & Preview functionality.
- Fastly is a great CDN alternative.
- The webinar focused solely on AWS, and didn't mention other hosting setups.
The webinar also mentioned a few sites that are currently launched on Magento 2, such as Kurt Geiger, Nine West, ClearBags (Enterprise), Coastal Salt & Soul, and Oliver Sweeney (Enterprise Cloud Edition).
Also be sure to check out Magento's blog post about the release of Magento Enterprise Edition 2.1, Magento's page about the Enterprise Edition, Magento 2 Customer Case Studies, and Magento 2.1's Data Sheet and Feature List.
The webinar link can be found here, and be sure to check back later for a recording that will be posted. Be sure to contact us if you have questions about how Vaimo can help with upgrading your eCommerce venture to Magento's latest edition.