“In working with our clients, we’ve pinpointed the most common challenges they face when implementing a Last Mile Delivery system that works for them. These challenges include:
- Customers expect swift deliveries, often within a specified time window, creating pressure on logistics operations to meet these demands.
- Ensuring precise delivery locations is crucial to avoid delays or failed deliveries.
- Traffic and route optimization is essential for on-time deliveries.
- Last mile logistics can account for a significant portion of overall delivery costs. Finding cost-effective solutions is important.
- Providing real-time updates and clear communication channels is vital for customer satisfaction.
The last mile plays a massive role in shaping the end customer’s perception of an ecommerce brand. A seamless last mile experience not only ensures timely delivery but also offers features like real-time tracking, flexible delivery options, and clear communication.”
Philipp Zhilin, Project Management Lead, Nordics