Tallinna Kaubamaja Grupp
Selver is one of the largest and most prestigious grocery store chains in Estonia with over 53 supermarkets and hypermarkets across the country, employing over 3000 employees. Selver is part of the locally-owned Tallinn Kaubamaja Group and makes up over half of the group’s revenue.
A Complex Ecommerce Solution
Before launching the eCommerce store with Vaimo in October 2015, Selver had a non-transactional online presence that was content-based. The Estonian home goods and grocery chain wanted to work with an eCommerce solutions provider with international experience and knowledge of complex projects. Grocery eCommerce is challenging due to weighted products and elaborate delivery systems. Selver needed an experienced provider to establish and design a fool-proof system to support online ordering and delivery of groceries.
“The main goal when creating the Selver online experience was to ensure it’s user-friendly throughout the site, and this was achieved. In addition to a visually clear design, it’s simple to find products, filter them, and to assemble a shopping cart with several different payment methods available. From a technical perspective, it was very important for us to have the online store smoothly integrated to our company’s sales and warehouse programs as well as a responsive solution for our users visiting the site from various devices.”Gunnar Obolenski
Previous Ecommerce Manager at Selver
Future: A Strategic Partnership
Vaimo and Selver had a few meetings every week throughout the the initial project, with several people from Selver’s project team participating. Instead of one product owner, Selver has several individuals with different speciality areas, and Vaimo’s team needed to merge their ideas, understand everyone’s needs and incorporate them into the final project. Vaimo and Selver felt like one team in the end, and Selver was very satisfied with the final solution. Before the actual go-live, Selver decided to do “a soft launch,” which meant the site went live for friends and family first to ensure that any issues were caught and fixed in a controlled manner.
Over the years Selver has enhanced its eCommerce business with the help from Vaimo and is able to cover with its home delivery services almost all Estonia.
Learn more about Selver’s eCommerce journey success with Vaimo from the below articles:
- May 2020- Selver launches Cleveron’s grocery robot
- April 2019 – Best website in the Foods and Drinks category at Baltic Ecommerce UX Summit
- February 2019- Selver featured in Our clients’ top eCommerce features article
- November 2018 – Selver opening up a new distribution centre for the fulfilment of online shopping orders
- July 2017 – Interview with Selver about their eCommerce journey
- April 2017 – Selver was a finalist at the 2016 Digital Excellence Awards
- March 2017- Selver was selected as a finalist in the Magento 2017 Imagine Excellence Awards
- February 2017- Selver received the Most User-Friendly Online Store Award
- April 2016 – Selver was selected as a finalist in the Magento 2016 Imagine Excellence awards
- October 2015- Selver launched its online store
- Time Slot Reservation
- Mobile Pick and Pack Process
- Product Replacement Functionality, supporting Replacement
- Weighted Products Picking Functionality
- Store Locator
- Regio Address Lookup
- Integration to Fleet Complete
- Fail-Proof Customer Card Login
- Integration with ERP System Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Integration with External Couriers
- Multiple Warehouse/Picking Locations
- Integration with Bonus Point Counting System (Partnercard)
- Varnish Caching
- Klevu AI Search
Want to grow your revenue with 160%?
Vaimo builds digital experiences to drive your business's online sales and growth. Get the competitive edge today by partnering with our team of knowledgable commerce experts whose number one aim is to help your business succeed.Get in touch