A complex eCommerce presence
Prior to working with Vaimo, Selver had a non-transactional online presence that was content-based. The Estonian home goods and grocery chain was looking for an eCommerce solutions provider with international experience and knowledge of complex projects. Grocery shops are one of the most complex industries in eCommerce due to weighted products and elaborate delivery systems and so Selver needed a provider that would be comfortable establishing and designing a fool-proof system to support online ordering and delivery of groceries.
Comparing Nov 2016-Mar 2017 to Nov 2015-Mar 2016
The path to digital growth
Selver is one of the first grocery stores running on the Magento Enterprise platform. The online shop works across all devices responsively and features a secure login system using the Kaubamaja loyalty card that links to Estonian digital ID card tools. Additionally, Vaimo worked with Selver to design and create the Pick and Pack process and functionality. It allows a customer’s order to directly alert a Selver employee at a designated time on a mobile device which then further advises them where a product is located in the store. This allows a Selver employee to effortlessly pick and pack a client’s order right in time for the pick-up.
“The main goal when creating the Selver online experience was to ensure it’s user-friendly throughout the site, and this was achieved. In addition to a visually clear design, it’s simple to find products, filter them, and to assemble a shopping cart with several different payment methods available. From a technical perspective, it was very important for us to have the online store smoothly integrated to our company’s sales and warehouse programs as well as a responsive solution for our users visiting the site from various devices.”
Previous Ecommerce Manager at Selver
Future: A strategic partnership
Vaimo and Selver had a few meetings every week throughout the project, with several people from Selver’s project team participating. Instead of one product owner, Selver has several individuals with different speciality areas and Vaimo’s team needed to merge their ideas, understand everyone’s needs and incorporate them into the final project. Vaimo and Selver felt like one team in the end and Selver was very satisfied with the final product. Before the actual go-live, Selver decided to do “a soft launch,” which meant the site went live for friends and family first to ensure that any issues were caught and fixed in a controlled manner.
In the near future, Selver wants to enhance its eCommerce business and ensure that it reaches and caters to customers across Estonia.
Learn more about Selver’s eCommerce journey success with Vaimo from the below articles:
- May 2020- Selver launches Cleveron’s grocery robot
- April 2019 – Best website in the Foods and Drinks category at Baltic Ecommerce UX Summit
- February 2019- Selver featured in Our clients’ top eCommerce features article
- November 2018 – Selver opening up a new distribution centre for the fulfilment of online shopping orders
- July 2017 – Interview with Selver about their eCommerce journey
- April 2017 – Selver was a finalist at the 2016 Digital Excellence Awards
- March 2017- Selver was selected as a finalist in the Magento 2017 Imagine Excellence Awards
- February 2017- Selver received the Most User-Friendly Online Store Award
- April 2016 – Selver was selected as a finalist in the Magento 2016 Imagine Excellence awards
- October 2015- Selver launched its online store
- Time Slot Reservation
- Mobile Pick and Pack Process
- Product Replacement Functionality
- Fail-Proof Customer Card Login
- Integration with ERP System Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Integration with External Couriers
- Integration with Bonus Point Counting System
- Weighted Products Features
- Varnish Caching
- AI by Klevu
Interested in 167% growth in revenue too?
Vaimo builds digital experiences to help your business drive online sales and growth. Get the competitive edge today by partnering with our team of knowledgable commerce experts whose number one aim is to help your business succeed.Get in touch