“In the first stage of Discovery, aptly called “Discover,” we identify our project goals and objectives. We ask important questions, like:
- What’s the business value we’re trying to extract from this functionality or technology or this process?
- What do the end customers need?
- How are we addressing the challenges the end customers face?
- How can we serve the end customers better?
- What are the technical dependencies and the risks associated with them?
- What are the best practices?
- What will and won’t fit our technical strategy?
This provides an overall direction for the project. The first stage is about collecting information, finding holes and pain points, and talking to different stakeholders. We help the client develop a prioritization framework to ensure we align with them completely, with the same common goals.”
Georgia Barry, Global Head of Discovery, Vaimo